Saturday, October 8, 2011

Where in the World will Cate Go?

Well as some may know I am looking for a change in scenery. So I've taken up the idea of either
A) Teaching English in Thailand or
B) Au Pair in some foreign country
I've started a profile on Great Au Pairs and attached a couple of pictures and wrote up a profile (this is what I had to say) Would you hire me?


Hello! I am an energetic person, who loves life.  I have been working with children since I was barely more than a child myself.  I am the big sister of five children and I grew up in rural Montana in the United States. Growing up in the family I did, I learned early the value of hard work and the importance of family.  I love working kids and put my whole heart into doing so.  I want the absolute best for every kid I spend time with and make a concentrated effort to help them learn and grow in ever possible way.  I have 5 years experience working with children with special needs, specifically learning, emotional and behavioral challenges.  I also have been a pre-school teacher and have a very strong interest in education and being a teacher in the future.  I have experience with children of all ages from small infant to early teens.  I have a firm understanding of early childhood development needs and know the importance of helping raise healthy, confident, independent, and happy children. 
On a personal level, I enjoy animals of all shapes and sizes, being outside and active and being creative... especially in various art forms such as photography.  I love to read, write, and learn.  I am a highly motivated self starter with high levels of organization and energy.  People tell me that I am very patient and compassionate and those are traits I value.  I have a very strong background in outdoor recreation, especially as an education tool. 

I am looking to find the perfect family to become a part of, not simply work for. 


Thus far I've started contact with several families all over the world.  Including Germany, England, 3 in Australia and 1 in Bermuda.  It's been a really fun adventure... but I've decided to give it 2 weeks talk to all the families and then make a decision.   Mom says I'm over qualified to be a Nanny, but I'm really excited to try something new especially if it's somewhere really cool.

1 comment:

  1. You are over over qualified to Nanny... but it doesn't mean that it's not a good idea.

    ReplyDelete