Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Foster Care Program

I just got off the phone with my Mom she was telling me about this story  Billings Gazette
It's really horrific story, about a 3 year old little boy who was abused and then left in the car to bake to death by his foster mom.  My Mom was really upset (more than normal) as was I.  She then proceed to tell me that the whole situation has been nagging at her.
"Where are all the good foster parents," she asked.  She then announced that she had seriously thought about becoming a foster parent, a notion I strongly encouraged.  Isn't that how it should work, people who have raised good kids, shouldn't they at least try and continue and give a kid a chance, at the moment there are over 1600 kids in Montana (who knows how many more are in other states) My feelings about children are very clear. So for all those out there (mostly those who don't read my blog) who had great parents... encourage them to consider spreading the love. 

Foster Parents in Montana (but the I'm sure the thought is the same in other states)
Montana Foster Care Program

No comments:

Post a Comment